NJ Governor Phil Murphy has announced Executive Order 150 outlining outdoor dining protocols and processes to expand premises for liquor license holders which will allow breweries, bars, and restaurants to open on June 15th as long as they copy with necessary social distancing protocols.
“Restaurants and bars throughout New Jersey have been immensely cooperative with necessary public health measures that were placed upon them while battling the COVID-19 pandemic,” said Governor Phil Murphy. “Allowing outdoor dining and the expansion of alcohol-serving areas will allow restaurants and bars to begin welcoming customers back while continuing to comply with necessary social distancing guidance.”
This is good news for South Jersey’s Craft Beer Breweries who have been doing everything they can to keep the beer flowing. Curbside, delivery, and canning just about everything they had helped to keep the lights on, but draft beer and tasting room revenue is a large part of what keeps local breweries running.
We at South Jersey Beer Scene are excited to see a little light at the end of the tunnel, but also know that if we do not follow the rules that are set out by the Governor this may be shut down at any time. To that end, we would ask that you follow the rules that the breweries are giving so we do not have to worry about another set of rules that will send us backwards. Practice social distancing, wash your hands, and respect each other and we will all be able to enjoy fresh, locally made, craft beer. I think our own Tom Renzulli has hit the nail right on the head:
We have all heard the expression “Manners Matter”. In the last few months, it has meant even more, and with the Governor allowing restaurants, and breweries to open up outside seating on June 15th it will really mean more. For the last 3 months we have all been dreaming of the day we could visit our favorite establishments, and return to some kind of normalcy. I have heard the saying “we are all in the same storm just in different ships” a lot lately. This could not be any more truthful when it comes to breweries. The ruling will allow for a 1 time permit till November for breweries to apply for outside seating. While some breweries have room for ample seating, some will be limited to only a few tables and chairs. This is where the manners part comes into play. We all want to get some food and set up camp at a table for a few hours. While we are in phase 2 we would ask that you be mindful of others who would like to enjoy a flight or a pint as well. We are in no way recommending a time limit, but just to be aware that other thirsty patrons would like to enjoy themselves as well. Soon we will all be able to enjoy ourselves inside, and hopefully outside of favorite breweries, but until then let’s continue to be kind to each other.
The brewing community in New Jersey has built an incredible relationship with each other, and their patrons. Breweries had to learn on the fly, and offer take out, and some even offer deliveries which we have all appreciated. We can all agree that it doesn’t come close to sitting at the bar, and seeing familiar faces. Moving forward we will be posting what the local breweries will have to offer as far as seating, and hours. We can’t wait to see everyone, and continue to support our local breweries.
Local breweries have started to share with us details on their opening plans. This information will be updated often, so be sure to check back.
7 Mile Brewery
We will be open for service on 6/15 from 2-7pm Monday-Thursday and 12-8pm Friday and Saturday, Sundays 12-6pm, All seating areas will be outside with 6 feet between tables and limited stand up tables too. All beer will be served from inside. We require masks on entry and all patrons must wear masks while in our indoor service area or while using the lavatories. While working through the logistics of this new operating environment, we respectfully ask that all patrons are 21 years of age and no pets will be permitted. We expect to have fresh batches of Walter, 7 Suns, 7 Mile Pale Ale, Just Juice, Skinny Dipper and Mothers Helper on tap, along with Da’Breeze – our new hard seltzer, Dark Star – our Black IPA. Cheers and we look forward to having you all back. Be Safe, Be Calm, and Drink On!
13th Child Brewery
Schedule changes starting next week as we prepare for the impending re-opening. We are waiting for approval for an outside beer garden so stay tuned for more information on that. In the mean time get your beer stocked this weekend and note our new schedule below.
Closed: Monday thru Wednesday
Thursday and Friday: 5PM to 7PM
Saturday and Sunday: 2PM to 6PM
Place your orders on our Biermi site https://biermi.com/store/13th-child.
Call (856) 237-5429 when you arrive and we will bring out your order. Photo ID must be presented at the time of pick up or delivery and must match the name on the order.
Axe & Arrow Brewery
We will have our patio open and have access to another 20×40’ patio area. We have tents for the smaller patio if it’s raining. We’ll be open starting Wed 6/17 regular hours. We’re so excited to have people back in the taproom again!
Bucket Brigade Brewery
Patio opens up 6/15
Garden State Beer Company
We are good for opening on June 15th. Our hours will be:
3-8pm Monday – Friday
Planning a 6/19 opening. Follow them on Facebook for the details
Bonesaw Brewing Company
The porch will be open soon, Charlie, so hang in there! Our outdoor seating area will open back up for service in just one week (6/15) for the humans and hopefully not too much longer for our beloved four-legged friends. Until then, we’re here noon-7:30 every day for curbside takeout. Check out our full beer menu and order online at bonesawbrewing.com, cheers!
Cape May Brewing Company
We’ll be opening with limited capacity and following recommendations provided by the CDC on June 15th!
Open from 12-8pm all week. We still have curbside pickup and home delivery available. You can order online or call 609-264-6480.
Please stop in and spend a little time….here’s what to expect:
– Tables are first come first served
– No one under 21 years old allowed
– Parties are limited to no more than 8 persons
– Face masks must be worn inside of the building and when not at your table
– Depending on crowds, your time may be limited
– If you have a fever or symptoms of Covid-19, please stay home
– No smoking in outside seating area
– Be patient with our staff. This is new to us also!
Hours Are As Follows:
Cross Keys Brewing Co
We are working on bringing you an outdoor seating area very soon! Hang out with us this summer at CKBC! CKBCBeer.com
Thursday, 6/18. You will not need a reservation for our beer garden; it will be first come, first serve. There will also not be a time limit as we would like everyone to enjoy their first gatherings. However, we ask that you please be mindful with your time as other patrons are excited to be out as well. At this time, our beer garden is 21 and older and our furry friends will not be permitted due to insurance reasons. (Service dogs are welcome.) Thanks for understanding and we can’t wait to see you!
Death of The Fox
Outdoor seating is available. It is a tented grassy area with festival type seating. And of course our full coffee menu will be available as well!
Monday, 6/15 is our grand opening outside! Starting Monday we open every weekdays at 4, and every Saturday and Sunday at 12 noon. Lots of rules, we will follow. Bring your facemask. You have to wear it while moving around. You can take it off while seated.
Eight & Sand
Eight & Sand is officially opening on Wednesday, June 17th! Hours for the Beer Garden & Curbside are Wednesday – Friday 5-10pm; Saturday 12-10pm; Sunday 12-7pm. No reservations, groups of eight or fewer, time limit of 90 minutes. More information can be found on our updated FAQ www.eightandsandbeer.com/FAQ
Flying Fish Brewing Company
Flying Fish is Excited to Announce Outdoor Seating for On Site Consumption officially begins Monday June 15th! We will be open for CURBSIDE PICKUP and ON PREMISE, OUTDOOR, DRAFT CONSUMPTION EVERYDAY FROM 1-8pm!
HOW IS FLYING FISH PLANNING TO REOPEN, BEGINNING MONDAY, JUNE 15th?
We are SO excited to begin to see everyone here at the brewery again on Monday, June 15th! But as our world has changed around us, so too will our interactions here when you visit Flying Fish.
Please understand that this is ALL new. We may be bad at it and need to adjust. However, everything we have planned out is done with the safety of our customers and our staff in mind first. Your patience and active participation in this process is vital, and we thank you in advance for all of it.
All the details are in the link in our bio or on our main website FlyingFish.com.
See you on Monday! Cheers
Forgotten Boardwalk Brewing
We are back! We are beginning to accept reservations to our Beer Garden starting today for our Grand Re-Opening on June 20th. You can access our reservation system at Forgottenboardwalk.com/visit
A few things have changed in the world so we have changed as well. Please take note of the following new rules:
- All patrons and guests of the beer garden must be 21+.
- We are only accepting reservations for groups of 6 or less.
- Our last reservation seating will be at 7:30pm for the immediate future while we get our sea legs. Guests are welcome to stay for an hour & half during their visit (90 minutes).
- We will have some seating set aside for walk up guests – however it will be limited. We recommend reserving your space by either using our online reservation system or calling our facility ahead of time.
- Guests must wear a face covering upon entrance & while conversing with our host. Once seated you are welcome to remove your face covering.
- Our restrooms are located inside our facility. All guests must wear a face covering when inside our facility while using the restroom.
- Please note that service at this time is outdoors only and weather permitting.
- Our curbside will remain open.
- Lastly, and most importantly, no guest shall be permitted on site if they are exhibiting signs of Covid-19. If you are sick, stay home, rest up and we will see you another time.
Glasstown Brewing Company
We are very excited to announce that we will be opening our outside seating area on Wednesday, June 17th at 1 pm! Looking forward to seeing all of you! Please note that you will be required to wear a face covering to enter the tasting room to interact with our employees, place an order, get to go or to use the restroom. Can’t wait to welcome all of you back to the brewery!
Gusto Brewing Company
We’re totally stoked to announce that we’ll be open to the public in limited capacity with outdoor seating in addition to our curbside cans-to-go! Starting Tuesday June 16th, we’ll be open the following hours:
Mon : CLOSED
Tues thru Fri: 2-8pm
While no bar service will be available, we have a brand new socially-distant Beer Garden in which we’ll be offering table service for your safety and enjoyment. Groups of 5 and less will be admitted when tables are available. Draft menu available in 10oz and 16oz pours. You will be required to wear a mask upon entry, while moving about, and during visits to the restroom inside the Taproom. Once you cozy up at your table, you can relax the mask – or not – whatever makes you feel comfortable and safe. Our staff will be wearing masks and gloves when serving you. You’ll see ample signage and directional arrows where necessary. We insist you follow these cues for your safety and ours.
Kiddos and doggos: Service animals are welcome to enjoy the experience with you, but we ask you leave pets behind for now. We love when families can enjoy the Gusto experience together, but please know that children will be counted as members of your party (parties limited to 5 or less) and will be required to follow the same safety measures and social distancing that adults are. There won’t be any games, coloring pages, or anything of the like provided for the young’ns (or the young at heart). In short, we trust your discretion in this matter but please be mindful of our limited operating setup and the guests around you.
We look forward to navigating this unprecedented time with you safely and successfully, so if you are experiencing any symptoms or feel ill, please refrain from visiting at this time. 32oz growlers and 25.4oz cans are still available and orders can still be placed online at www.gustobrewco.com. Our outdoor space isn’t huge, so we ask that you be courteous of other guests waiting to enjoy it. Thus, we’ll be doing our best to limit visit times to 90 minutes.
From our entire squad, thank you for your support as well as your patience and understanding through this truly wacky time in history. We trust you’ll help us achieve this adjusted level of normalcy in true Gusto fashion – like the total bosses you all are.
Hidden Sands Brewing Company
Our outdoor area opens to the public on Wednesday, June 17th at 3:00 pm. We are not taking reservations at this time. Service is first come, first serve with 90 minute time limits. We ask that groups are limited to 8 or less. Please wait to be seated by our staff at the entrance of the new beer garden. They can answer any questions you may have.
Our outdoor area is fully tented – for both shade and inclement weather. And we’ve also installed a privacy fence. Face masks are not required while seated at the outdoor tables, but we require them to be worn if leaving the table. These restrictions are incredibly important, as they’re meant to keep our staff and customers safe during this difficult time.
Beginning 6/17, our new hours are:
Wednesday/Thursday: 3-8:00 pm
Friday: 1-10:00 pm
Saturday: 12-10:00 pm
Sunday: 12-6:00 pm
Ludlam Island Brewery
Welcome to THE BOATYARD!!! We are open tonight with outside seating til 8pm and Saturday and Sunday 12-8!!! Swing by, grab a table and enjoy a draft. Please follow social distancing guidelines and wear a mask when entering/ leaving the boatyard. Cheer
Lunacy Brewing Company
Our hours will go back to what they were prior to the Covid closing.
Outdoor seating only
Extra days/hours will be added soon!
Manafirkin Brewing Company
Outdoor area opening on 6/26
Oyster Creek Brewing Company
Open with limited seating. Groups of no more than 8 may sit together and we ask that you limit your stay with us to allow us to accommodate as many of you as possible.
**NO ADMITTANCE TO THE BREWERY**with the exception of using the bathroom.
Please stay home if you are not feeling well and be respectful. We are here to be a break from the norm so come out and enjoy! We will continue to improve the space as we go and as always we will bring you delicious, cold New Jersey Craft Beer!
Curbside service will continue to be available but, sorry, NO DELIVERIES at this time
Pinelands Brewing Company
Tuesday June 16th we will be reopening on a limited basis outdoors only. We look forward to slowly getting back to normal and seeing you all back at the brewery. Thanks for your support and hope you are all doing well.
Ship Bottom Brewery
Will be opening an outdoor beer garden in the field in front of the brewery (Taylor Avenue Field). Planning for June 15th
Slack Tide Brewing Company
We are pleased to announce that we will be able to open to the public in a limited capacity with outside seating only on June 15th at 12noon. The hours will be 12-8pm everyday. We will still not be able to offer bar service but we will be able offer pints and flights through the window of our tasting room for your enjoyment in our new outside seating area. We can only accommodate about 30 customers at a time and ask that you make sure you bring a mask, practice social distancing, and follow all posted signs and directional arrows at all times. We will also have a separate To-Go only area for folks who just want to get packaged goods to go or for times of inclement weather.
We will also be adding additional cleaning and sanitation protocols to our already stringent procedures. We will be checking our staff for wellness each day as well. All of this in an effort to keep you safe. We ask that if you do not feel well or were exposed to someone with COVID -19 DO NOT enter the building, To-Go is always an option. We also ask for you patience as we navigate the new rules. If we are at capacity in the brewery we ask that you kindly come back later or grab some to-go. If you are in the outside area we ask that you limit your time to allow for others to enjoy the space too. If we all work together we will get through this and be open normally before we know it. Thanks for your interest in Slack Tide and we look forward to seeing you in the coming weeks.
Somers Point Brewing Company
Thank you for your love, support and business during these trying times. We finally have the approval to have an outdoor seating area for our customers. Business Hours: Thurs: 4-8pm, Fri 4-8pm, Sat: 12-8pm and Sun: 12-5pm. Take out available as well.
Additionally, our first year anniversary was on April 11th 2020. Like everyone else, we have been rolling with the punches from COVID, so here is our limited edition anniversary beer a few months late. “Open Water Bourbon Barrel Aged Imperial Stout” For our first anniversary beer (Served in our limited edition anniversary glass for you to keep. Only available for outside seated customers. No take outs), we took some of our rich, smooth and complex imperial stout, aged it for 5 months in bourbon barrels from PINE TAVERN DISTILLERY and finished it with the addition of Madagascar vanilla beans. The flavors in this beer really come out as the beer warms up a bit. Cheers! Enjoy and Thank you!!
Third State Brewing
And speaking of reopening, yes the new executive order allows us to begin serving outside on the 15th. Thankfully that’s a Monday when we’re not usually open. We have some City of Burlington, NJ and ABC permitting we have to get done, but our intention is to open outside as soon as all the paperwork is complete. We’re not sure if we will do first come first serve, or reserved times, but we will be limited in capacity. So stay tuned for additional info.
-, -, –
Online ordering for curbside remains is available at . for pick up on -, – . Walk up ordering is available during beer garden hours as well! We have 12 on tap for Growlers and 8 options in cans. Full menu is on our website.
* . Seating will be first come first served. Tables will hold up to 6 people comfortably. When you arrive a staff member will escort you to a table, please wait for staff to seat you to ensure all tables are cleaned and sanitized between parties.Seating will be socially distanced and chairs cannot be moved.
* We will return to being ! Everyone including children must remain seated while in the beer garden. Current restrictions do not allow indoor seating, however bathrooms will be open.
* when not seated at your table.
* accessed through a QR code. You can access with your phone camera. Servers will take your orders and bring your beer out to you.
* We will be serving full … sorry no trips (flights) or samples.
*As per the Atlantic County Health Department in the Brewery or Beer Garden.
* There will be in the Beer Garden per NJ Law!
Thanks so much for keeping everyone updated on this ever changing landscape.
Tuckahoe Brewing Company
At Tuckahoe Brewing Company, the safety and security of our customers is of utmost importance. Therefore, we have regulations in place for our open-air seating area.
Our hours of operation will be as follows:
Our open-air seating area will only be accessible through the brewery. Customers must wear face-coverings inside the brewery, but they can be removed once seated.
- Customers will be permitted back into the brewery to use the restroom or to exit only. Face coverings must be worn when inside the brewery.
- There will be no more than 5 customers per table, and there is no standing permitted in the open-air seating area. Our tables will be properly spaced to maintain social distancing standards. We will clean and sanitize tables and stools between customers.
- Customers will place their orders with our tasting room associate stationed in the open-air seating area.
- No pets or children are permitted in the open-air seating area.
- One customer per party will be required to leave their name, email address, and phone number.
- Customers can enjoy 10oz or 16oz beers, but we will not be serving flights. We will have 750mL and 32oz Twistee Cans for takeaway orders. We will refill customer owned glass growlers.
- In the event that the weather becomes inclement during hours of operation, customers must close their checks and head back to their vehicles.
- We are not taking reservations; it is first come, first serve. We ask that customers enjoy no more than 2 hours in our open-air seating area.
- We are still open for curbside takeout. If you want to get six packs or more for takeout please call and order over the phone. Nobody will be allowed to pick up in the tasting room
We will use glass or plastic. We won’t be serving flights for now. You do not have to wear a mask once seated. Only when walking to and from your table
Westville will be opening the patio on Friday, Saturday & Sunday. We are researching a reservation system that will be done online in 1 hour slots. We are not planning on offering flights – 16oz pours in plastic cups. Entrance for the patio will be in the back parking lot. Our online ordering and walk up will still be available at the front door.
Village Idiot Brewing Company
Open to the public starting Friday June 19th at 5pm-10pm. If things run smoothly from there we will resume normal hours.
We are not going to pretend this is all normal, or any sort of “new” normal, because it is not. We will, however, make the situation as easy as possible on you so you can do what you have been wanting to do for almost 4 months – enjoy a beer at Village Idiot Brewing Company. To that end, here are our legal requirements we are asking you to work with us on:
Front door will be locked, all access is from the rear parking lot.
Masks must be worn any time you are not seated at your table (heading to get a beer, using the restrooms etc.)
Maintain social distancing while moving around.
First come first served, use the rear walkway. If there is an open table, grab it.
If you arrive and there are no tables or seating, you can wait in the parking lot for something to open up.
If you are seated and there are no open tables and you see people waiting in the parking lot, please be considerate and limit your visit to 2 hours.
Parties can me a maximum of 8 people. Tables may NOT BE MOVED. We have some extra folding chairs so if you need one please ask the beertender at the serving table.
No Smoking is permitted and regrettably, no dogs are allowed right now, even though it is outside. Sorry.
No children permitted for now, strictly 21+
If you are sick, STAY HOME.
We will only be pouring pints and half pints using plastic cups. No Flights.
If you have come strictly for take out, head to the table near the back door and wear a mask, this is the same line we will be using to pour for seated customers.
You can access our reservation system by visiting our website and filing out the form on our homepage. Or you can call us to reserve a table during business hours only. Vinylbrewingnj.com or 609-666-5460.
The world looks a little different than when we saw you last, so thiswon’t be business as usual. Please read through of the following new rules before visiting or reserving a space:
1. The beer garden is open Wed & Thurs 3pm to 9pm for all ages. On Fri. Sat. and Sun. ALL patrons and guests of the beer garden MUST be 21+ Weekend hours are 3pm to 10pm Fri. 1pm to 10pm Sat. and 1pm to 7pm Sun.
2. Reservations are recommended but not required. We are only accepting reservations for groups of 6 or less. There will be 5 picnic tables that can seat 6 people each. Tables cannot be moved.
3. Our last reservation seating will be one hour before closing time. Guests are welcome to stay for an hour & half during their visit (90 minutes). Choosing a “table time” isn’t optional like the app says – not choosing a time defaults your time limit to 15min. You can select up to 90mins. Accommodations will be made if there aren’t any reservations or guests waiting.
4. Guests must wear a face covering upon entrance & while conversing with our beer tenders. Once seated you are welcome to remove your face covering.
6. Our restrooms are located inside the tasting room. All guests must wear a face covering when inside our facility while using the restroom. One guest inside at a time, please.
7. Please note that service at this time is outdoors only and weather permitting.
8. According to a new ruling by Atlantic County, no dogs are allowed in the beer garden.
9. Our curbside service is here to stay and you can still order ahead online or in person.
10. There will be no flights or samples available at this time. We will have 4oz pours for $2-$3 on the menu.
11. Lastly, and most importantly, no guest shall be permitted on site if they are exhibiting signs of Covid-19. If you are sick, stay home, rest up and we will see you another time.
The Front Porch will be open for table service starting today at 4PM! We will still be selling take-away during that time as well!
We’ve got some rules we have to follow! WE’ve got some rules we have to follow!
Please click here to get the full low-down on how we will be able to do business. But here is a quick FAQ:
Seating will be “first come, first served” for parties of up to 8 people max (if we have room). Sign up on the digital waiting list via the link on our website. You’ll get a text as soon as we are able to seat you. Please wait in your car or at an appropriate social distance from other guests until you get the text that your seat is ready.
Masks are required when checking in, walking through the seating area, using the restroom, or any time when you are not seated at your table. This is non-negotiable and we will enforce it for the safety of our staff and the other guests.
When we check you in, you will need to provide a credit card to start your tab and you will be assigned a table. Please do not switch tables, add seats, or join other parties without asking first, and please understand that we may not be able to accommodate those kinds of requests due to the new regulations and our seating limitations.
We are now bringing the beers right to your table! We don’t have menus, but you can find all the information about the beers on our web page under “MENU”, or our server will be happy to help you with any questions about the beers, sizes, prices, etc.
In order to avoid cross-contamination, we’re asking for your help to please bring your empty glasses to the bussing bins, and take any garbage, take-out containers, etc. to the garbage cans. (Remember – masks on whenever you get up). Please put only *empty* pizza boxes in the box bin (no food or trash inside them).
Restrooms access is through the taproom – please ask for the “key” before entering ONLY through the first door marked for Restroom Access (not the Server’s door) and following the marked path. Please do not cross the chain or go past the gate, and please do not linger in the taproom or wait outside the restroom doors.
THE GREAT OUTDOORS:
In case of bad weather, we cannot allow you inside the taproom or to gather with other parties at a more sheltered table. If we have to clear the area, you can text us to let us know if you want to hold your table till the weather passes or if you are done and want to close out (you cannot take open containers out to your car).
Let your server know when you are ready to close your tab. We are not enforcing a specific time limit, but we ask you to consider limiting your visit to 90 minutes during peak hours or whenever there are names still on the waitlist.
CAN I STILL…?
– Order a Flight? YES! But we cannot do “tastes” or “splashes” – the 4oz pour is the minimum size
– Bring my Pet? YES! Well behaved pets are still welcome, but they must stay on a leash and stay on the floor at your table at all times. Please remember, if you need to take your pet outside the porch, you need to wear a mask on your way out and back in, and we ask that you clean up after your pet.
– Bring the kids? YES (Sometimes) – we are still kid friendly for seatings before 6:30 PM, as long as they are able to remain seated at your table with you. They cannot wander away from your table or be left unattended. If you are coming with kids, please make sure to count them in your party size on the waitlist. Because of our limited capacity, we are not taking parties with kids after 6:30 pm.
– Bring in food? YES! You can bring any food along with you. But if you are ordering something to be delivered to you while you are here, please place your food order as soon as you are seated and please meet your delivery outside the seating area – they cannot come in to you, and we cannot bring it to you. We are not able to provide menus, utensils, etc. right now like we used to.
– Play games? YES – but games are strictly BYO (our games are still in quarantine) and we ask you to please respect the 90 minute guideline.
– Pay with cash / credit card / gift card / bitcoin? Yes / yes / yes / no