We are excited to announce the 2022 South Jersey Beer Scene Summer Swing Homebrew Contest! We have teamed up with our homies from Chimney Rusting Ales for this AHA sanctioned event. This contest benefits Brewery Strong, a non-profit organization that offers assistance in the form of grants, scholarships, continuing education for persons in the brewery, bar, and restaurant industries. To date they have given out over 60K to those in need in New Jersey and continue on their mission to help all of those that need it throughout the industry.
We have 4 categories in the event, each category will have a winner and will compete for best in show that you will brew with our friends at Chimney Rustic Ales.
The categories are as follows:
- 5B Kölsch
- 21A American IPA
- 21C Hazy IPA
- 24A Witbier
- Homebrew means brewed at home. Your homebrew must not be brewed at a place that brews beverages for commercial purposes, whether for commercial research, production or any other purpose, including brewpubs and other brew-on-premise establishments or is brewed for commercial sale.
Entry Form and Fees
2022 Summer Swing Homebrew Contest Entry Form
- We will accept entry forms from 7/12/22 until 8/12/22 at midnight.
- 1 entry per category per brewer. Entry Fee is 10$ Per Category
- Preferred of payment is through PayPal at paypal.me/sjbeerscene
- Checks will also be accepted via mail to: South Jersey Beer Scene, 43 Alexandra Way, Cape May Court House, NJ 08210
- Please make sure you include your full name on all transactions
- We will not be accepting any funds at bottle drop off, please make sure that we receive your fees no later than 8/12/22
- Drop off will be at Chimney Rustic Ales from Tuesday, August 16th until Friday, August 19th. Please bring 2 bottles/cans for each entry of which each one will be labeled with a bottle tag. Bottle tags are available here for download. Please securely attach to your entry. Times will be posted 1 week prior to the drop-off
- Judging will be at Chimney Rustic Ales on 8/23/2022. Judging will be done by a group of people from the industry including brewery owners, brewers, and people from the business of beer. Judges will be using BJCP scoring and will award a winner in each category. The winner of each category will then compete for the grand prize.
For all questions related to this competition, please reach out to Vic Sbailo at firstname.lastname@example.org