Cape May Brewing Company Toasts Release of Collaboration with Wawa: Shore Tea Hard Beverage
Here’s what’s on tap: A PA release party at Wawa’s Grand Opening of their new Langhorne location and a NJ release party at the Cape May Brewing Co. Tasting Room, and VIP Brewery Tour Sweepstakes
Cape May, NJ (July 18, 2022) – Cape May Brewing Company and Wawa today announced their first year collaboration and release of a limited-edition “Shore Tea,” hard tea beverage. Shore Tea will debut at Wawa’s Grand Opening of its newest beer store in Bucks County and Cape May Brewing Co. Tasting Room, followed by select retailers. Made with Wawa’s signature Peach Iced Tea and Cape May’s iconic adult libations, the hard tea is lip-smackingly refreshing with just the right amount of sweet kick.
Shore Tea is available in limited quantities of 6-pack 12 oz cans, with 4.5% ABV. All ingredients used are naturally gluten-free and th1is beverage contains no peach juice. 6-pack cost is $12.99.
Thursday, July 21, 8:00 a.m.
Official Ribbon Cutting of the First Cases at Wawa’s Grand Opening of Newest Beer Store, Store #8157, 639 E. Lincoln Highway, Langhorne, PA 19047.
- Wawa and Cape May Brewing Co. Tea-Shirt giveaway for the first 100 guests, as supplies last
- Official ribbon cutting of the first cases at Wawa’s Grand Opening of Newest Beer Store
- First look of Wawa’s newest store to carry beer and future beer stores to be announced
- Opportunity to Meet the Brewers: James Fox, Director of Brewing Operations, Cape May Brewing Co. and Michael McLaughlin, Senior Manager of Concept Development, Wawa
Limited quantities of Shore Tea exclusively available on 7/21 at the following Wawa PA Beer Stores:
- Store 170 – 721 Naamans Creek Road, Chadds Ford, PA 19317
- Store 8148 – 1073 Baltimore Pike, Middletown, PA 19063
- Store 8153 – 201 S. Cedar Crest Blvd., Emmaus, PA 18049
- Store 159 – 296 Route 940, Blakeslee, PA 18610
- Store 148 – 1139 Horsham Road, Horsham, PA 19044
- Store 8132 – 2600 Penrose Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19145
- Store 8152 – 9101 Frankford Ave., Phila., PA 19114
- Store 8147 – County Line Rd. & W. Butler Avenue, Chalfont, PA 18914
- Store 8135 – Main Street & Quarry Road, Lower Salford Twp. PA, 19438
- Store 8151 – Chichester Avenue & McCay Avenue, Boothwyn, PA 19061
- Store 8126 – Rt. 309 & Passer Road, Coopersburg, PA 18036
- Store 8150 – 364 Susquehanna Street, Allentown, PA 18103
- Store 8044 – 600 N. W. End Blvd., Quakertown, PA 18951
- Store 8155 – 8053 Chestnut Street, Herford, PA 18056
- Store 8157 – 639 E. Lincoln Highway, Langhorne, PA 19047 – Shore Tea Launch Event Location!
Saturday, July 23, 11:00 a.m.
New Jersey Launch Party at Cape May Brewing Company Tasting Room
- Live music, Wawa and Cape May Brewing Co. Tea-Shirt giveaway, and Wawa pretzels and Wawa Peach Iced Tea non-alcoholic pint giveaways, as supplies last
Monday, July 25
Shore Tea for sale at select retailers in NJ, PA, and DE
Social Media Sweepstakes for Cape May Brewing Co. VIP Brewery Tour
Enter-to-Win Details: From 7/18 through 7/25, customers can visit @CapeMayBrewCo or @Wawa on Instagram, locate the giveaway post, like, comment with #sweepstakes for a chance to win a VIP Cape May Brewing Company’s production facility tour. Must be following @wawa and @capemaybrewco to win.
Prize details: Two winners, for up to 4 guests, will receive Wawa swag and access to one of the largest production facilities in NJ, featuring a newly redesigned canning line and automated tray former, expanded cellar, and more. Tour is guided by one of the brewers who will give an extensive overview into the entire brewing process, from milling and raw materials to crafting beer, centrifuging, canning and kegging, and testing finished product in the lab. You’ll receive an in-depth experience unique to your visit for a look at their process, which is rarely seen by those outside of the Cape May Brew Crew!
“We’re excited to stretch our wings and fly South to the New Jersey Shore to partner with Cape May Brewing Company to produce our first-ever hard tea with a customer favorite: Wawa’s Peach Iced Tea,” said Michael McLaughlin, Senior Manager of Concept Development, Wawa. “Wawa’s Peach Iced Tea captures the aroma and flavors of biting into a freshly picked peach at the height of ripeness, and pairs it perfectly with the warm carmelic tones of our Signature Black Iced Tea. Fragrant, juicy & sweet with just the right amount of acidity and a sweet tea finish.”
“We were excited when Wawa reached out to us with the possibility of collaborating. We’re huge fans, and many of our crew members make Wawa a regular part of their routines,” said Ryan Krill, CEO & Co-Founder, Cape May Brewing Company. “We’re thrilled that we have the opportunity to continue to expand into the hard beverage space with an incredible partner to bring fans a product that they’ll love.”
“We approached the process of making this tea similar to how we make our seltzers. We kept it simple, just like if you were going to make tea at home. Fortunately, we were able to use the same ingredients that Wawa uses in their peach tea,” said James Fox, Director of Brewing Operations, Cape May Brewing Company. “After the alcohol was added, we had several benchtop trials to dial in the ratios and flavors. We are really happy with how this turned out; it’s easy to forget that it’s hard tea.”