Wawa and 2SP Brewing Company Join WMMR Preston & Steve’s Camp Out for Hunger to “Brew Good in the
Neighborhood” with $10,000 Donated to Philabundance in honor of New Brew Hitting Wawa Stores on Nov. 4
Local Friends and Neighbors release New Winter Reserve Mocha Latte Coffee Stout and Two Barrel Aged Variations that Feature Limited Edition Wawa Coffee Blend with a charitable contribution
Delaware County, PA (November 1, 2021) – Wawa and 2SP Brewing Company are continuing their tradition of launching three limited-edition beers just in time for the holiday season, with this year’s collaboration benefiting the community. To continue making their hometown proud, the Delco Duo is supporting local friends at WMMR to “Brew Good in the Neighborhood,” with the brewers officially announcing the return of beer LIVE on WMMR 93.3 Camp Out for Hunger on Wednesday, November 3, 8am, with a $10,000 check presentation to longstanding partners at Philabundance to relieve hunger. Live stream can be accessed here: https://www.youtube.com/user/PrestonSteveWMMR
In its fourth year, the collaboration between 2SP Brewing Company’s Head Brewer, Bob Barrar, and Wawa’s Manager of Concept Development and “coffee guru,” Michael McLaughlin, brings about a brand new brew – Winter Reserve Mocha Latte Stout, rich with chocolate from cocoa nibs, creamy with a touch of vanilla and lactose, and a full range of coffee flavors from Wawa’s exclusive Winter Reserve roast.
Back by popular demand is Reserve Reserve Bourbon Barrel Aged Imperial Coffee Stout, a bold imperial coffee stout made with Wawa’s coveted Winter Reserve Coffee blend and carefully aged for 9 months in bourbon barrels. Available for the first time and in highly limited quantities, Reserve Reserve Rum Barrel Aged Imperial Coffee Stout, is aged for 9 months in Jamaican Rum barrels.
- November 3, 8am – Brewer interview on WMMR Preston & Steve 93.3
- November 4 – Specialty brews hit shelves at select Wawa Stores noted below
- November 5 – Wawa’s opens new store at 9101 Frankford Ave., Philadelphia with featured beer on opening day!
- November 7 – Beer becomes available at 2SP Brewing Co.
- November 8 – Beer cans for sale at retailers in Southeastern PA, New Jersey, Delaware, and Maryland
- November 14 –Draft will be made available at select bars in Southeastern Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware and Eastern Shore Maryland and for the first time ever. See Wawa stores below and complete list of locations here: https://www.wawa.com/beverages/wawa-beer
- Winter Reserve Mocha Latte Coffee Stout– 4 Pack, 16 oz Cans, ABV: 6.7% – A full bodied oatmeal stout with rich chocolate flavors from cocoa nibs, creamy mouthfeel with a touch of vanilla and lactose added, and a full range of coffee flavors from Wawa’s exclusive Winter Reserve roast. $12.99 each
- Bourbon Barrel Aged Imperial Stout – 500 ML, ABV: 8.2% – An English Style Imperial Oatmeal Stout aged in Woodford Reserve barrels for 9 months. With the addition of Wawa’s Winter Reserve Coffee this beer is silky smooth with a lot of nuance from the bourbon barrels, including notes of vanilla & chocolate. The sweetness upfront is balanced by the coffee on the back end. $10.99 each
- Rum Barrel Aged Imperial Stout -500 ML, ABV: 8.2% – An English Style Imperial Oatmeal Stout aged in Jamaican Rum barrels for 9 months. This big beer will pick up a lot of sweet vanilla, plum, and cane sugar flavors from the rum barrels. Silky smooth and with the addition of Wawa’s Winter Reserve Coffee, balance out the sweetness from the rum flavors. Available for Purchase at Wawa and Other Locations for the Very First Time. $10.99 each
“It’s always great to partner with our friends at 2SP to bring cheer to our local friends and neighbors with holiday-inspired beers, but this year is even more meaningful with the contribution made to Philabundance,” said Mike Sherlock, Chief Product Marketing Officer, Wawa. We hope it gives Delco friends and neighbors a sense of pride knowing that this collaboration is helping our local community and also want to remind customers that they can continue the fight against hunger by visiting any Wawa store now through December 26 to donate funds to Check-Out Hunger which helps 28 food banks across our entire chain.”
“This holiday season, we came together with our friends & Delco neighbors at Wawa to brew our boldest collaboration yet. In years of our Winter Reserve collaboration past we brewed approachable, 5% coffee stout. In 2021, we decided to make this Winter Reserve collaboration a 6.7% Mocha Latte Stout” said Bob Barrar, Head Brewer, 2SP Brewing Co. Each year we collaborate with Wawa, our goal is to brew something new & special for the region we call home. We hope the community enjoys it as much as we do.”
About Wawa Reserve
Wawa Reserve is a line of small-batch, limited-time only, specialty-grade coffees. The beans used to make these special varieties follow a strict industry classification and are chosen according to overall cup quality, consistency, and the unique characteristics of their country of origin. Each limited-edition coffee is picked at the height of ripeness and roasted to its fullest potential. Since January of 2018, Wawa has offered limited time offers including: Kenya AA, Tanzania, Peru Amazonas, Winter Reserve, Sumatra Gayo Mountain, Guatemala Huehuetenango, and Ethiopia Sidamo. Winter Reserve Coffee blend has heavy notes of bittersweet chocolate, married with red fruit acidity and balanced by a smooth, earthy finish. Available in all Wawa stores on Monday, January 31.
Wawa Stores with Limited-Edition Stout Beers*
- Store 170 – 721 Naamans Creek Road, Chadds Ford, PA 19317 Store 8148 – 1073 Baltimore Pike,
Middletown, PA 19063
- Store 8153 – 201 S. Cedar Crest Blvd., Emmaus, PA 18049 Store 159 – 296 Route 940, Blakeslee, PA 18610
- Store 148 – 1139 Horsham Road, Horsham, PA 19044
- Store 8132 – 2600 Penrose Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19145
- Store 8152 – 9101 Frankford Ave., Phila., PA 19114 (Opens on November 5 with beer!)
*Limited quantities at each store, as supplies last.